This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Make this peach jam in your instant pot and enjoy homemade jam for months!
In case you missed it, we moved our family into a new house last month. This new house came with mature fruit trees with fruit ripe for the picking. One of those trees (you guessed it) is a peach tree! We were loaded down with delicious free stone peaches, so I just new I needed to make some jam (and some cobbler).
I decided to try my hand at making peach jam in my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. It did not disappoint!
Now, this recipe is for peach freezer jam. The Instant Pot is not made for canning, but you can skip the hard work of water bath canning and just throw these babies in the freezer. If you do want to water-bath-can peach jam, I recommend following the recipe from the Ball Canning Bible (my favorite canning book) and use my method (below) for making jam in the Instant Pot. Then, water-bath-can with a regular canning pot (this is the one I have).
Either way, this Instant Pot Peach Jam is a great way to preserve one of summer’s best fruits.
Special equipment/ingredients needed for this recipe:
- 6 cups peaches (peeled and pitted)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 packet pectin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Roughly chop your peaches and mash them with a potato masher.
- Measure out 6 cups peaches and put them in the bowl of your instant pot.
- Pour the sugar over the peaches and let sit 2-3 minutes, until the juices have been released.
- Mix in the pectin and lemon juice.
- Close the lid on your instant pot and set to sealing.
- Set to Manual - high pressure for 1 minute.
- Natural Pressure Release.
- Spoon into pint sized canning jars, leaving 1 inch head space (1 inch of space between the jam and the lid).
- Let cool and then refrigerate or freeze.