Instant pot salsa chicken tacos make a healthy and filling meal that will please the entire family. I love that you can spend just 5 minutes of prep work on this meal and come back to perfectly cooked salsa chicken. Throw together your favorite taco toppings and you are all set to enjoy these instant pot salsa chicken tacos for taco night!
Start by whisking together a mixture of salsa, chicken broth, and taco seasoning. Pour it over fresh or frozen chicken breasts in the instant pot electric pressure cooker.
Cook the chicken breasts on “poultry” for 25 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Remove the salsa chicken from the instant pot and shred.
Serve in warmed crispy taco shells and top with shredded lettuce, cheese, tomato, and avocado.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounce jar chunky salsa (1 cup)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup taco seasoning (1 packet)
- For serving: 8 crispy taco shells, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomato and avocado.
- Place chicken breasts (frozen will work for this recipe) in the bowl of the instant pot.
- Whisk the chunky salsa, chicken broth, and taco seasoning together.
- Pour the salsa mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Set Instant pot electric pressure cooker to poultry - 25 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Serve in taco shells; topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
- Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Instant Pot Apple BBQ Ribs
- Taco Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup