Instant Pot vegetable beef soup is hearty and flavorful. Filled with chunky beef stew meat, garbanzo beans, and healthy vegetables. This instant pot vegetable beef soup makes for tender chunks of meat and perfectly cooked vegetables.
I finally made the leap during Black Friday and bought an instant pot electric pressure cooker. Since then, I have been experimenting with all different kinds of instant pot recipes, including: meats, pastas, and soups. When I landed on this pressure cooker vegetable beef soup recipe, I knew I needed to share it with you.
This recipe is especially exciting because, this season, beef retail prices are down nearly 10 percent from the highest prices in late 2014, making it easier on your wallet. This is great news as we plan for holiday meals!
You can expect to be seeing lower prices at the meat case in your grocery retailer. Take advantage of these prices as you shop for roasts, steaks and ground beef this season. The Beef Checkoff, the leading authority on all things beef, shares expert tips on how to get the best deals on beef this holiday season and every day.
I like to stock up on beef when the prices are low and store the extras in my freezer (If you’ve been reading my blog for long, you know I love stocking my freezer). You can purchase a whole roast for this recipe and cut it into chunks or purchase the pre-cut stew beef. I like to buy whichever is more affordable at the time.
For best quality, thaw steaks and roasts in the refrigerator—never at room temperature—and be sure to place the frozen package on a plate or tray to catch any escaping juices during the thawing process. Check out these refrigerator and freezer storage guidelines to ensure maximum quality.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 32 ounce container beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set your electric pressure cooker (I used an Instant Pot) to saute. Heat olive oil and add stew beef.
- Brown beef on each side.
- Mix in beef broth, water, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and seasonings.
- Cover and lock lid.
- Set pressure cooker to manual or soup function for 30 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release.
- Set electric pressure cooker back to saute and bring soup to a boil.
- Mix in frozen mixed vegetables and orzo pasta.
- Let boil 5 minutes and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff and brought to you by The Motherhood. All opinions in this blog are my own.