Make this creamy and flavorful recipe for crockpot chicken and gravy tonight! We love how easy this slow cooker chicken dinner is to make while also making the whole family full and happy.
I love, love, love making chicken dinners in my crockpot. But sometimes I get tired of the same old, same old. Hawaiian Chicken and Buffalo Chicken are my go-to easy dinners but I really needed a change.
Chicken and Gravy in the Slow Cooker
Enter slow cooker chicken and gravy. I love how easy it is to throw together (just watch the video to see how simple it really is), yet it comes out with layers of flavor. Plus, the chicken doesn’t get dried out! That is a huge plus in my book.
I use frozen chicken when making this recipe but you can also use fresh chicken if that’s what you have on hand. You will just want to cut the cook time back by an hour so it doesn’t overcook. If you have a digital slow cooker that switches to keep warm, then you can still set it up in the morning and let it sit in the warm pot until dinnertime.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy?
We love serving this dish over egg noodles or rice. Here are a few other recipes that would make a great pairing!
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
- Green Salad
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken
- 2 (0.87 ounce) packets chicken gravy mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine the water, cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, garlic, salt, and black pepper inside the crock pot.
- Whisk until fully combined.
- Place the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove the lid and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Stir the sour cream into the gravy.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.
I used frozen chicken breast but thawed chicken breast can be used. Reduce the cook time to 5 hours. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 117mgSodium 771mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 37g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for crockpot chicken and gravy? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.