Are you looking for a healthy and flavorful chicken recipe? You will want to try this crockpot lemon garlic chicken recipe! It comes out perfect every time!
Crockpot Lemon Garlic Chicken
This recipe is made with fresh lemon and lots of flavorful seasonings. The addition of butter to the crockpot makes the sauce come out with the perfect amount of creaminess. We also use both fresh minced garlic and garlic powder in this recipe.
Make sure to check out our other tasty crockpot recipes:
- Crockpot Cajun Sausage and Potatoes
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
- Crockpot Goulash
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Crockpot Beef Tips
Can you overcook chicken in crockpot?
Yes. If chicken is left cooking for too long in a crockpot, it will overcook. If you’re crockpot has a “keep warm” setting, make sure to switch it over as soon as the chicken is done cooking. Then you can let it sit in there until you are ready to eat.
How do I keep chicken from drying out in the crockpot?
Liquid! The best way to keep chicken from drying out is adding a bit of chicken broth or water to the pot. This helps to lock in the moisture. Also, make sure you don’t overcook your chicken as that is what causes it to dry out. Lastly, use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of boneless skinless chicken breasts whenever possible!
What to serve with lemon garlic chicken?
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Place chicken thighs inside of crockpot.
- Mix together broth and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Top chicken with lemon zest, minced garlic, and cubed butter.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 395Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 236mgSodium 906mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 42g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for crockpot lemon garlic chicken? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment!